Amsterdam PB -- Resilience

At Yesterdays Amsterdam Marathon i got a pb by 1.40 and in the circumstances i really was pleased with how i done.In the build up i got a heavy cold/flu and on the Friday Evening i felt i couldnt do the race.On the Sunday Morning with the help of Vicks and Paracetemol i felt better and as the Mile flew by at an even pace i was well on course passing 10 miles in 1.00.34.The next 4 miles were into quite a headwind but i still felt good picking people right off until 18 miles where my left calf began to tighten quite a lot.I shrugged it off as you get nowhere quitting and even on 20 miles in 2.01.36 and was on course for a 2.40-2.41 but running on my own coupled with the wind as well as hitting a little bit of a wall AND my calf developing into a pull or tear my pace dropped 25-30 secs per mile.This is when i became most proud of myself as i showed good resilience to persevere finishing in 2.43.22 a pb by 1.40.I now know i can knock large chunks off my pb in the future starting at London 26/04/2009.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great North Run

Guisborough moors

Noon Stone 01/03/08